(These upcoming events should be on every church calendar. These events (except for specific clergy events) should be announced in every local church. These events should be included in every church newsletter and Sunday bulletins!)
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 6:30 pm, District Stewards and Pastors Session (approval of District Apportionments) followed by Charge Conference Orientation at 7 pm in the Oyster Room at the Onley Town Center, Onley.
- Thurs, August 15, 2019, 6:30 - 9 pm, Fresh Expressions Roundtable. So you attended the Eastern Shore "Vision Day" -what's next? The Roundtable event on August 15 at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Exmore. Presenters: Mark Ogren, Conference Director on Congregational Excellence and Fresh Expressions representative. Click here for more info and registration.
- Saturday, September 14, 2019, Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 2 -5 pm, Occohannock on the Bay Camp and Retreat Center's Homecoming! Celebrating 60 years. Camp Occohannock on the Bay over the years has enjoyed having thousands of community members near and far step foot onto its property, eat the food, play, camp out, and so much more. We have hosted Emmaus, Emaus, Boy and Girl Scouts, Youth, Men and Women Groups, Weddings, Birthday Parties, College Retreats, Yoga Retreats, and many more. We are having a 60th year birthday party. We would like everyone to attend. If you worked for the camp, served on the board, donated, were a camper, counselor, camper, a parent of a camper, you came with a group, or you simple just want to check us out, YOU’RE INVITED! Click HERE for more information!
- Saturday morning, November 2, 2019, David Tanner, EA (Enrolled Agent, Federally Authorized) Tax Service will present Church and Clergy Tax worshops for treasurers and pastors! Location: Market Street UMC, 75 Market Street, Onancock, VA 23417. Tanner is a retired U.M. clergy in the Virginia Conference who is located in Roanoke. Several of our clergy are already using David Tanner's service. Treasurers, Finance Committees and anyone interested will want to participate in a Tax course that will help them with Federal tax documents and more. There will be time for discussion/questions! Cost is $10 (includes lunch) Click here to sign up!
- Thursday, November 14, 2019, 9-3 pm 5 Talent Academy "Engage 2019: Community Transformation", Eastern Shore live stream location at Adams UMC, Lee Mont Rd., Parksley. It can be hard to keep a positive attitude whil planting a church or revitalizing a congregation, especially if you begin by comparing yourself to the "heroes" of church growth. "Eight Virtues of Rapidly Growing Churches" presents discoveries and give learning opportunities on how you can tap into a sense of hope about the new things you can do to grow your church plant or to rejuvenate your existing congregation. To register or for more information go to https://www.vaumc.org/5TalentAcademy. If you would like the District Office to register you or your group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-665-6295.
- Sunday, December 8, 2019, 4-6 pm, District Conference at St. John's UMC in Atlantic. District Conference preacher will be The Rev. Dr. Ted Smith, Conference Director of Connectional Ministries.
- Saturday, March 21, 2020. Plan now for our district's "Spring Training" at Nandua Middle School! Lots of new training workshops for everyone! Save the date! More info soon!
- Every Monday 10 am, Lectionary Group Meetings for pastors at McDonald's, Onley (25297 Lankford Hwy, Onley, VA 23418) with group leader, Rev. Paul Oh. For more information contact email@example.com